Thursday, June 1, 2006

Wil (Sorry. He wouldn't like puns.)

My brother, Wil Ramsey. Quite possibly the funniest person I know.
The above photo is a still from a video series I did in the summer of 2003 for Sagemont Church's Student Ministry. Wil and I co-wrote this particular episode...and he still kept messing up the lines.
_____________________________________________________
One of my proudest moments as a brother: A couple of weeks before shooting, I asked a then beardless Wil, in keeping with his character, to dress like a jaded, nearly washed-up rockstar who has been run through the ringer over his band's recent break-up. This is what I got:
The fruitful rewards of my mentorship! I immediately recognized a large part of his inspiration:
_____________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________
I don't know. Maybe I'm the only one who sees it.
_____________________________________________________
I fear I may have over-reached, however. Wil recently told me Led Zeppelin could the best band of all time. When challenged, he would not recant.
_____________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________
Wil, you were just supposed to think that they really rock, all the while keeping them at arms-length due to their blatant plagarism of Robert Johnson. You weren't supposed to regard them as the best band of all time! Where did I go wrong?

I'm praying for you, Wil. Not about Led Zeppelin; about the other thing.

Richie

No comments: