Thursday, July 27, 2006

The End is Near

_____________________________________________________
The Oath of Desormeau on Final Cut Pro. Kristina Ramsey as Helene Desormeau.
_____________________________________________________
Just a few days until the deadline. You know that feeling of being stuck in traffic when you're already late? That is how I feel all the time. I found myself shouting at a red light to turn green. I wasn't late to a meeting right then. It was just wasting precious seconds.

Last night, while compiling the credits, Beth asked me if she thought we'd ever be the same after all this. I said "No. We'll be at the tavern in the Shire with solemn looks on our faces while everyone else is laughing it up."

I have poison oak on my shoulder-blade from a shoot last month. It lasted three weeks, but I guess it never really healed because it's been acting up again. I've been calling it my "Wheathertop Wound."

Today I realized, while describing the film's swordfight to my mother, that Julien Desormeau gets wounded in the very place where my poison oak has sprouted. We planned shot that sequence well before I got it. So odd.
_____________________________________________________
The Work Space.

_____________________________________________________

No comments: