Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Latest Postproduction News

Baker came in and did his ADR. Leigh is supposed to come in tonight, and Kristina may come in as well. I think Beth and I had a successful Foley session. To save recording time, we decided to do a lot of "generic" recording rather than an ADR style of Foley. For example, rather than trying to walk on grass at the same time as Julien (while watching him on screen), I just recorded myself walking on grass (at various speeds,strides, etc.) for several minutes. I will cut out individual steps and match them in the sound editing/mixing process.

This will prevent our having to walk at the same time, and with the same stride, as every actor in the film. The same will apply for clothes rustles and other generic noises; I'll just cut them up and stick them in. Had we been getting more sleep, we might have come up with this solution sooner. Or perhaps, it's a bad idea, which we concocted during a sleep-deprived stupor. I'll find out in a few hours when I go to plug in our sounds.

Oh, and the music has started to come in from the composer, Richard Bowling. I've tried, in this blog entry, about 15 times to find the words to express my praise and gratitude in such a way that does not give away too much information. I can't think of one. So, until the film comes out...Thank you so much, Richard.

Sorry that there are no pictures. I keep forgetting to bring my camera. I'll try to remember it tomorrow. However, Beth has been filming a lot of this stuff for posterity, so buy the DVD when it come out!

No comments: