I just got back tonight from a rehearsal of A Midsummer Night's Dream and am doing a DVD test to see if the opening and closing credits for The Oath of Desormeau are working properly. If they are, I am extremely close to the point where I will not have to work on the film itself again.
I am happy with the style, font, and pacing of the credits, but they have been blotchy and flickering -even with Apple's LiveType. So, I turned the opacity way down, which should take care of blotchy; and I applied Final Cut Pro's flicker filter to all of them, which should take care of flickering.
I made some changes in the sound mix that I think came out nice. Over the last couple of days, I added reverb to all the foley effects, which has caused them to sound much more realistic. At first, I was determined to not have reverb on the ADR. The original location sound had reverb (that's putting lightly) and I guess, having hated it so much, I did not want to be reminded of it. However, Kristina convinced me to try otherwise while doing the mix, and once I did, I realized her advice was right. The difference in crediblity was night and day, and over the weekend I discovered that extends into the foley as well.
In other news, we are trying to lock-down a date and location for the Premiere -probably sometime in early November. We intend to have the film available to the public by then. We will be submitting to another film festival this week, and I hope to cut a new updated trailer for the website that is more representative of the film.
Which reminds me, last night I was thinking about this teaser trailer I made almost immediately after production in Louisiana. I remembered that the end of the teaser said "Coming Fall 2005." HA!