Saturday, October 14, 2006

A Midsummer Night's Dream

_____________________________________________________
"Puppet? Ay, that way goes the game!" -Hermia; Act III, scene ii
_____________________________________________________
I am very proud of the students! They opened Thursday, had Friday off, and performed again tonight. Typically, when one is dealing with actors this young, the second show lulls a bit. The adrenaline (very present at opening night) wanes and can make the show's energy drop -not to mention the effect of having a night off. That was not the case with this cast. They excelled their Thursday Night show, and many of them made new discoveries about their characters and the play.

One of the highlights of the night for me was seeing the actor who plays Tom Snout "the Tinker" receive a well-earned applause for his monologue in which he [over] explains that he is playing a wall in "The Most Lamentable Tragedy, and Most Cruel Death, of Pyramus and Thisbe."

Good show guys! You should be proud!

1 comment:

A cast member said...

I was also pleased to see "Snout" get an applause. It was well deserved. I was pleased as well how "Oberon" pulled off that incredible performance with such a short amount of time to prepare! I'm glad that the cast was able to keep up its energy! I know that this is one of of the shows that will stick in my mind for the rest of my life as being one of the best by far that I was involved in. We couldn't have pulled it off with out you Mr. Ramsey!