Monday, September 24, 2007

Seems, Madam? Nay, it is. I know not seems.

"Ironically -- and frustratingly -- the standards might even be higher for a first-time writer than for an established pro. I believe it's human nature for quality to be 'read into' the work of a big name writer, and for problems to be 'read into' the work of a beginner. And a big name writer can survive one or two mediocre drafts, whereas a first-time writer will never get another chance. This seems unfair, but in a way it's not."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

To be an unknown, striving screenwriter takes a lot of insecurity and a big ego. A strange combination if you ask me. I'm completely confident they may fail the next time around.

Richard Ramsey said...

"Blah, Blah, Blah...I don't believe you." So, good luck with your "big duck dreams." ;)

Anonymous said...

I don't believe it either, but it sounded sort of pretentious so I quickly thought it might be poignant.