Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Humble Pie

Well, I just did an "ego-google". That's where you google your own name and see what people say about you. Don't laugh. You've done it, too. However, Richard Ramsey is a common name, so I usually have to add tags like "film" or "The Oath."

Well, I saw on the google search page that someone had started a Wikipedia article on me. I could see the following on the search page:
Richard Ramsey is an American Filmmaker at Friendswood High School. ... director of many short films also including a full length film entitled, "The Oath". ...
I clicked on it to read the rest and found...nothing. My page was deleted. When I clicked to find out why, it said the following:
02:07, 11 March 2008 Bibliomaniac15 (Talk | contribs) deleted "Richard Ramsey" ‎ (A7 (bio): Real person; DOESN'T INDICATE IMPORTANCE/SIGNIFICANCE).

Wow.

Oh, and no, I didn't start my own Wikipedia page. I wouldn't have called "The Oath of Desormeau" a full-length film.

Incidentally, I may start going by Richard Lee Ramsey, or maybe Richard L. Ramsey. Any thoughts? Too pretentious?

1 comment:

Wil Ramsey said...

i've thought about going by w.a. ramsey.

Richard L. Ramsey