Monday, September 19, 2011

Eternity In My Heart

From an Avett Brothers poster designed by Brian Reed
"He has made everything beautiful in its time.  He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end."
- Ecclesiastes 3:11
City on a Hill Productions is soon to announce what, God-willing, will be our first feature film.  So, I decided I'd risk jinxing it and write a cryptic blog post about it.  Suffice it to say that, for the past few months, I have been immersing myself in Americana music and the book of "Ecclesiastes." I love both.

As you can easily see, I haven't blogged in quite some time. There's a particular reason, and it has been pretty painful. It will take me some time to figure out how to blog about it without sounding like someone who's boasting over fasting. It needs to be a matter of boasting in my weakness...and I was so weak...mentally, emotionally, and spiritually...for a long time. And, there are still ocasional aftershocks.

I suspect, but will reserve final judgment, that a professional incentive to live in "Ecclesiastes" during this time in my life was a God-given gift. It is so comforting to see Biblical writers asking the same questions that literally kept me awake so many nights. I mean, I literally asked myself "Ecclesiastes 3:21" before I read it. When we ask these questions, we are not necessarily treading the slippery slope into nihilistic darkness. We are walking on a trail blazed by those who, like Jacob, committed to struggle, strive, and wrestle with God until He finally agreed to bless them.

No comments: